2017 TxSWANA Excellence Award Program
The Texas Solid Waste Association of North America (TxSWANA) is seeking nominations for its’ Annual Solid Waste Management Awards Program, for projects which were implemented in calendar year 2016. The awards are designed to recognize Texas communities for planning and implementing programs that enhance environmental quality through increased recycling, material recovery and improved methods of managing the collection and disposal of waste and recyclable material. Through this recognition, TxSWANA hopes to encourage other cities to adopt such programs as ways of advancing solid waste management throughout Texas.
Please use the Award Submittal Form for your entries.
Winners will be recognized at the Annual TxSWANA Conference held in San Antonio April 10-12.
TxSWANA will publish a summary of all the nominations, have them displayed at the conference and placed on our web site. This is a great way to highlight the leadership of your community and recognize the staff that has made your program successful.
1) Applicants can submit more than one application per Category.
2) Applications should include the following information:
- Complete the Submittal Form Attached
- Project Description (500 words)
- Provide at a minimum three photos
- Address each of the Evaluation Criteria – the table below shows the point values for the various Project/Program Category. Stay within the word limit for each of the Evaluation Criteria
3) Applications are due to TxSWANA no later than 5:00 pm - March 21, 2017
4) Submit an electronic version (word or pdf) of the application to the following address [email protected]. Place in the title block of the email “TxSWANA Finest Award Nomination.”
5) Questions may be submitted to TxSWANA to [email protected] or contact Michael directly at 214 341-9900
Photographs are encouraged along with submissions as well as any promotional materials associated with the nomination.
2016 TxSWANA's Finest Awards
The Texas Solid Waste Association of North America (TxSWANA) awarded the winners at the 2016 annual conference in Corpus Christi. 2-16 winners are:
City of San Antonio – In-House CDL Program
City of Laredo – Integrated Solid Waste Management Program
City of Laredo – Landfill Expansion
City of New Braunfels – Public Information Program
City of Corpus Christi – Single Stream Recycling Program
2014 TxSWANA's Finest Awards
The Texas Solid Waste Association of North America (TxSWANA) awarded the winners at the 2014 annual conference in Austin. This years winners are:
Collection - El Paso
Public Information - City of Austin
Recycling - City of Houston
Composting - Texas State University Horticulture Program
Integrated Waste Management - City of Denton
City of McAllen - Composting
City of El Paso - Landfill Design & Operations
City of Denton - Special Waste Program
City of College Station - Public Education & Community Outreach